Pages

Hiding in Plain Sight...

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
(Psalm 91:1)

Many of us as children have played the game of ‘Hide-n-Seek’; some of us have hidden so well that we could not be found! One can only win the game of hide-n-seek if you have hidden in a safe and secure place... Even though we may have grown up, and are much older; we are still playing the game of hide-n-seek between good and evil.

In the New Testament, the book of John chapter 15 and verse 7 tells us, that we can actually hide ourselves in the person of Jesus Christ (Yeshua Messiah); ‘…if ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you’. When we abide in Yeshua, we are actually ‘hiding in a place of safety, where there is peace, and enabling power to overcome all of life’s difficulties.’

Many of us hide in the wrong places like: Alcohol, Drugs, Promiscuous Sex, Illicit Relationships, Chasing Money and Material things… Then trouble finds us and begins to damage and weaken us physically and mentally. This is because we have not yet learned how to hide ourselves in Yeshua, so we are quickly found by Satan the wicked Prince of this world.

When the prophet Daniel opened his windows each morning, praying to the God of heaven: he was hiding in that secret place. When the three Hebrew boys (Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego) refused to bow down to the Golden Image of King Nebuchadnezzar, they were thrown into a fiery furnace, where no harm came to them because they were also hiding in that secret place.  When we put our trust in God, and step out in faith, we too are hiding in that secret place ’we are hiding in plain sight’, but safe and secure in Yeshua, where not even death can harm us.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
(Matt. 11:28-30)

God is a safe and secure place, where there is peace and transforming power to change your life for the better. Are you struggling with big problems (addictions or bad habits)? Would you like to hide in that secret place, safe and secure from life’s troubles? If this is your desire you can release yourself from Satan’s control right now? Just say audibly to Satan:

I take my life and my will from your controlling power, and I surrender it to Yeshua (Jesus). Then say to Yeshua (Jesus): Please take ‘my life’ and ‘my will’ because I am unable to maintain it, by myself.

Yeshua (Jesus) promises to: purify, cleanse, and return your life to you linked directly to His own life and will.    When you give up hiding in the things of the world, and learn to hide in God himself, you have now gained entrance into the kingdom of God.

God is a place of safety and a shelter from the storms of life… may you find peace in him today!

Gregory Wilson © 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment